www.lexlooksatbooks.blogspot.comhttp://lexlooksatbooks.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page.htmlhttp://lexlooksatbooks.blogspot.co.uk/p/contact.html

Sunday 3 December 2017

The Guilty Wife - Elle Croft Review


Thank you to Net Galley and Orion publishing for providing me with an e-ARC copy! All opinions in this review are my own and are honest.


This was such a great debut novel and kept me hooked and just wanting to know who did it! I’ve seen a few people state that they guessed who did it and I had my suspicions and they proved completely wrong and I didn’t manage to figure it out! This had me wanting to read more and more and I was struggling to put it down. This is all told from Bethany’s point of view apart from the last chapter which is told from the killer’s point of view and I think this worked so well. 


This is another one where I don’t want to say too much as it is meant to be a mystery thriller. This is about Bethany Reston who is married to Jason but also having an affair with one of her clients, Callum Bradley, a millionaire businessman who is also married. Callum ends up dead after one of their meetings and Bethany starts receiving notes and other things that point to her being the murderer. She decides the only option she has is to find out who actually murdered Callum and get to them first before they destroy everything for her. I did enjoy the ending, but I feel like it could have been more plausible if it didn’t go as far back – I don’t want to say anymore because it will ruin it and contain spoilers! It wasn't a bad ending by any stretch though and I'm really happy with how it all wrapped up.

The pace was great and I found it was a really nice, easy quick read which is always a plus. The character building was done really well too -  there wasn't too much reveled about a character so it spoiled the story but there was just enough revealed to send you on your own little manhunt for the murderer and keep you guessing.


Overall this is a great debut thriller and I’m really looking forward to see what else Elle Croft comes out with! ‘The Guilty Wife’ was released on the 1st of December  for kindle and can be found on Amazon UK! You can also pre-order the paperback version from Amazon UK and Waterstones which releases on the 25th January 2018!


No comments:

Post a Comment